Dates of Sharad Navratri in 2022 | Sharad Navratri Festival 2022
Sharda Navratri fast holds a place of great importance. It signified the faith and belief of people in the power of goddess. Goddess Durga has been worshipped since ancient times. It is believed that Lord Ram worshipped Goddess Durga to attain victory against Ravana. There have been many mythological stories depicting the glory of the goddess. It is believed that observing Navratri fast for nine days as per the rituals blesses the person with virtue and happiness. Navratra is a festival of nine days in which 9 manifestations of goddess Durga are worshipped in the given order: Goddess Shailputri, Brahmacharini, Chandraghanta, Kushmandal, Skandmata, Katyayani, Kalratri, Mahagauri and Siddhatri. Sharadiya Navratri is celebrated in the month of Ashwin and people worship the nine forms of the goddess by observing fasts and performing the rituals during this period. Durga saptashti is recited during the puja ceremony, and lamp is lighted day and night for the entire nine days.
Ghat EstablishmentIn 2022, Shardiya Navratra will begin on 26th September , Monday on the Pratipada tithi of Ashwin Shukla Paksha. Durga Puja begins with the ritual of establishing a Kalash. Ashwin Ghatasthapana on Monday, 26 September 2022 Ghatasthapana Muhurta - 05:49 to 07:24 Duration - 01 Hour 35 Minutes Ghatasthapana Abhijit Muhurta - 11:27 to 12:15 Ghatasthapana Muhurta is on Pratipada date. Pratipada date start - 26 September , 2022 at 03:23 Pratipada date ends - 27 September , 2022 at 03:08 In the morning of the pratipada tithi of Ashwin shukla paksha, the devotee determines to fast followed by building an altar of soil himself or by the priest and planting barley over it. Then the Kalash is established on the raised platform made of mud along with an idol of the goddess placed on it. Durga saptashti is recited after the establishment ritual while performing the puja. During the puja ceremony, lamp should be lighted day and night for the entire nine days. Some people establish the idol of Lord Ram and recite Ramayana during this period.
Dates of Navratra
- First Navratri - Pratham Tithi, 26 September 2022, the day is Monday,
- Second Navratri - Dwitiya date, 27 September 2022, the day is Tuesday.
- Third Navratri - Tritiya date, 28 September 2022, the day is Wednesday.
- Fourth Navratri - Chaturthi Tithi, 29 September 2022, the day is Thursday.
- Fifth Navratri - Panchami Tithi, 30 September 2022, the day is Friday.
- Sixth Navratri - Shashthi Tithi, 01 October 2022, the day is Saturday.
- Seventh Navratri - Saptami date, 02 October 2022, the day is Sunday.
- Eighth Navratri - Ashtami date, 03 October 2022, the day is Monday.
- Ninth Navratri - Navami date, 04 October 2022, the day is Tuesday.
- Dussehra - Dashami date, 05 October 2022, the day is Wednesday.