Navamsa Kundli - D-9 Chart
The study of birth chart and the predictions on the basis of it cannot be accurate until the study of the Shadvargas is not done. Shadvargas are the six-fold divisions of a zodiac sign. The main aim of the study of Shadvargas is to estimate the actual strength of the planets.
The six-folds divisions are Rashi, Hora, Drekkana, Navamsha, Dwadasamsa, Trimsamsa. In general the astrologers refer to the 3 charts for predictions i.e. the Lagna chart (birth chart), Rasi chart and the Navamsa chart. But, for the detailed analysis and accurate predictions all the six-folds should be studied in detail to reach to a conclusion.
- Rashi: The arc of 30 degrees forming a zodiac sign is called Rashi. The 12 zodiac sign form the 12 Rashis.
- Hora: A sign is divided in two equal parts. Each is called a hora. For odd signs like Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius and Aquarius sign, the first Hora is governed by Sun while the second is governed by the Moon. For even signs like Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio and Capricorn, the first hora is governed by the Moon while the second hora is governed by the Sun.
- Drekkana: When the sign is divided into 3 equal parts, each part is called a Drekkana and measures 10 degrees each. The 1st Drekkana is governed by the lord of Rashi. The 2nd by the lord of 5th house from it and the 3rd by the lord of 9th house from it.
- Dwadasamsa: When the sign divided is into 12 equal parts, each portion is called Dwadasmsa and gets 21/2 degrees. The lords of 12 Dwadasamsa are the lords of 12 signs from the sign in question
- .Trimasamsa: When the sign is divided into 30 equal parts, each part becomes a trimasamsa and gets 1 degree each.
- Sapthamsa: When the sign is divided into 7 equal parts, each of this part is called Saptamsa and gets 4 2/7 degrees. In odd signs, these are governed by the lord of seventh house from it and in even signs by the lord of seventh house and the following sign.
- Navamsa: The Rashi Kundli is the only sketch of the position of the planets. To get a greater precision of the positions of the cusps and planets, there is a system of more accurate form of recording these positions. This is called Navamsa Kundli.
In this method each sign is divided into 9 equal parts, each part becomes a Navamsa measuring 3 ⅓ degrees. In Aries, Leo sign and Sagittarius sign, the Navamsas are governed by the lord of ninth signs respectively from Aries. For instance, take Aries and divide it into nine equal parts. The first Navamsa is governed by the lord of Aries i.e. Mars, 2nd Navamsa is governed by Venus and finally the Ninth Navamsa is governed by Jupiter.
Divide Taurus into nine equal divisions. Now, count the sign ahead of Sagittarius and so on.
Importance of Navamsa Kundli
It is believed that, if the birth-chart is body of Kaalpurush then the Navamsa chart is its soul. The accurate prediction is incomplete without each other. The results of a planetary positions cannot be determined without the birth-chart while the strength of the planet which are in the malefic or benefic position in the ascendant chart can be cross checked with the position of the planets in the Navamsa chart.
As per the ancient scholars and astrologers, if the planet is weak in the birth chart and is strong in the Navamsa then the planet is not weak. In the same way if the planet is inauspicious in the birth chart and is auspicious in the Navamsa chart then the planet will be considered as auspicious. If the conjunction of ascendant lord of birth-chart and Navamsa chart is auspicious, then the person will be fortunate.
The concept of Vargottam is also judged with the help of Navamsa. Vargottam means if the planetary position in a zodiac sign in the birth chart and in the Navamsa chart is same. Then, that planet is Vargottam (eg. if the Sun is placed in the Aries in birth chart and in Navamsa also, then the Sun is placed in Aries). This placement makes the planet further stronger.
Leave a comment
Log In into your account
Latest Astrology Questions
Vedic Astrology Lessons
- Rules for Results in Ashtakavarga
- Yogas in a Kundali for Diabetes
- Significance of Transits Through Nakshatra in Ashtakavarga
- Procedure for Formulating Sarva Ashtak Varga
- Rules of Ashtakavarga For Auspicious Planet Bindus
- Shodhya Pinda of Ashtakavarga
- Determination of results Through Ashtakvarga
- Significance of Planets in Ashtakavarga
- Ashtak Varga and Transits
- Terminologies used in Ashtak Varga
- Ashtak Varga - Ashtakavarga - an Introduction
- Consideration of Prosperity in Ashtakvarga
- Analysis of Rajyoga Through Ashtakvarga
- Inspection of Birth Chart Through Ashtakavarga
- Results of Rise of Different houses in a Varsha Kundali